Thursday, June 17, 2010

Thing 1 Reflection on 7 1/2 Habits

The habits that may be the most challenging for me to employ as part of my learning experience are holding my confidence and viewing problems as challenges. It is easy for me to become frustrated, and to avoid this; I will look at a problem as fascinating, and a challenge, rather than a burden. My confidence is something I think everyone needs to tackle, and I know I am capable of writing in a blog, as is everyone. I do know my writing is decent, but sometimes difficult to understand. If you have a question about anything I am saying in this blog, please do not hesitate to ask me to clarify.

For the other habits, I see them as equally pretty easy for me. I have always considered myself a lifelong learner, and my philosophy of education is summed up in the quote from John Dewey, “ Education is not a preparation for life, education is life itself.”

The most important habit will be in teaching, and mentoring others throughout this course, and also making sure that I am learning along the way. If it challenges me, or makes me feel somewhat uncomfortable, I know I’m learning.

2 comments: