Thursday, June 17, 2010

Thing 2 Reflection on Web 2.0

I think it is a challenge to utilize all of these tools from Web 2.0 in my classes. The main challenge is the majority of my students do not have internet, and they only have access at school, so I would have to factor in time with the computers during my classes. This would assure that my students had time to use these tools.

I think the article concerning Web 2.0 was very informative. When I read it, I felt a little overwhelmed at what one may do with these tools. This is a reality I think only very few of educators are using. The school depicted in the article displayed a rhythm and integration in utilizing Web 2.0.

I may be able to use these tools in the assignments I give to my students. I would be interested in reading their thoughts on mathematics through a blog. Another idea was reflecting on the homework assignments that my students complete, evaluating how my classes are doing with one another. Their progress could be charted on the blog, or wiki.

It is important to use these tools because this is the world our students live in. They know, understand, and are familiar with the technological age. We need to do wht we can to connect with them on this level. If we can incorporate digital activities to engage our digital learners, I think they will feel engaged and understood.

1 comment:

  1. I have found that if you give them an assignment and the time to complete it, they can get it done in the library on their own time if you can't get it all done in the classroom. Talk to your librarian about having extra hours when your students can come in to get an assignment done if you are worried about them having the technology at home! They will love you for it!

    ReplyDelete