Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Thing 7 – Comments, comments Eh?

I just made five new comments to five different blogs in response to ideas within posts. It was very interesting. At first I was nervous, and feeling a little uncomfortable sharing my ideas. What will other people think when they read my comments? If they do? These were some obstacles going through my head.

Then I realized it is better to get your ideas, and thoughts out, even if is just to thank the author for what they have written. After responding to the third comment, I felt pretty comfortable with commenting, and I think it’s a healthy thing to do to continue the conversation.

I found that since these blogs were all interesting ones, it was not difficult for me to contribute a word or two from my own thoughts in commenting. I am new to this, so I may have said something a little incomprehensive, but it is good to do on my way to learning how to utilize a blog to the full potential. Commenting can be a little daunting, but I think once someone steps into the realm, and give it a try, the task does not seem overbearing or difficult at all. It all begins with the first real comment.

2 comments:

  1. I was a little nervous too when I was commenting on people's blogs. I was trying to make sure that I was providing positive feedback.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Positive feedback is always good to hear. As a blogger, though I may not always welcome it with open arms, I think constructive criticism could make me a better writer. Controversy may help me to see things from many perspectives, and intellectual discourse will open my mind toward global ideas across cultures.

    ReplyDelete