Saturday, July 3, 2010

Thing 13 – MaSh-Ups

Below you will find some of my creations from my mash-up exploration, along with a list of ideas where I can use mash-ups. I had a much better experience with the mash-ups then difficulties in creating my slide show, which was nice. I really like mash-ups, as they are neat creations. The possibilities are pretty endless when you put a few minds together. Apart from the list you see below my mash-ups, what else can these be used for?

I like that they enable and utilize creativity in each ending product. They give our minds the ability to discern what we see. Below, you will find my name, and what I call my classroom. I think in order to see the whole name, and description, you will need to spell it out using each letter, then tie it together since it is not narrow enough in width to fit on one line. I’m sure there is a way to do this in html, but I am not sure how…


My name:

M S aru B a letter A letter L letter C letter O letter N Caslon metal type letter I L letter a letter M letter I letter C DSC_0262

What I call my classroom:

counterfeit Lego letter M letter A letter T H Cast Iron Capital Letter E (North Scituate, RI) letter M letter A letter T letter I C pink tag letter A L F letter O letter R IMG_5617_3 pink tag letter M

Some items I made from Image Chef:

ImageChef Sketchpad - ImageChef.com

ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more

ImageChef Word Mosaic - ImageChef.com

Ideas for use of mash-ups:

Where can I find math in my favorite vacation/location? (using mappr)

Making a slideshow about you on website/moodle/blog, etc.

Creating a Welcome show for students to see

Using signs creatively during lesson/notes

Using a Mash-up to introduce a new concept

Using Mash-ups to illustrate my moodle, and keep it interesting for each unit we encounter.

Pretty neat! I had fun creating the ones above. How often do you use mash-ups?

1 comment:

  1. Excellent ideas! I use mashups for signage in the library and on the webpage.

    ReplyDelete