Saturday, July 17, 2010

Thing 21 – Google Tools

I looked at igoogle, and the picasa google tools, and I find both nice to keep information organized. Picasa is a nice place to store photo albums, and organize pictures, as well as edit them. It would be good to use for providing students with a library of organized pictures through creative commons, so they would not have to worry about copyright. I could also find pictures that suit what they would need to learn.


Here is a link to one of the albums I created on Picasa Web Albums.


The igoogle tool is neat, because I can keep track of what I need in the weather, the news, daily comics, and puzzles, etc. This would be a good tool to get small engaging pieces from to use with students.


In examining the tools, I can see sharing the calendar with colleagues, and students, letting them know when assignments, and projects are due a head of time. These are a few topics I came up with from the google tools, what other suggestions do you have for using these applications?

No comments:

Post a Comment