Saturday, July 17, 2010

Thing # 23 Educator’s Networks Ning

My overall impression of the Ning network is that it is a good idea, and a very good resource to obtain and share ideas. One can begin or join another network with other educators, and may also begin one on his or her own. This is a very good way to network ideas with other people of the same subject area, and teaching level.

I found resources in the area of high school educators, and mathematics useful, and valuable. Each discussion offers a resource in the postings. There was one resource on video lessons about math, another on accessing resources from someone’s wiki, etc. It is a good place to go to find resources, and ideas.

In looking at these educational social networks, I think we have access to one in our district, and I plan to use it this year with my students. Moodle is the tool I am referring to. It is a good site to have students share their ideas, make journal entries and take quizzes. It is a little more controlled than a social networking site, in that I facilitate what we do with it, but it is still an area where ideas are shared, and resources may be found.

No comments:

Post a Comment