Friday, July 9, 2010

Thing 16 – Library Thing

Library Thing is really neat! It enables you to search for books purely through other book readers without the worry of trying to find a book through google, or another search engine. Just go to Library Thing, and you are guaranteed to find what you are looking for. I love to read, and I don’t get to do it that often. When I look for new books to read, I consult friends, and family, and sometimes I just go to the bookstore or library. Now I can use Library Thing to find good books, and see what people are saying about them.

This is also a great resource to see what books are good for demonstrating concepts. I want to build a small library of childrens math books to let my students use if they need a refresher or any holes to fill from their past learning of math. A childrens book, or even a novel concerning math can help them connect and understand the concepts more concretely.

Before I was searching for these books using google, now I can see it is much better to use Library Thing, and I look forward to doing so.

No comments:

Post a Comment