Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Thing 14 - Explore Galore!

I explored Blabberize, TimeGlider, TadaList, and Wordle.


Blabberize was overall a lot of fun to play with. I made two funny items from pictures on my computer. It was really easy to use. I can see using it in a lesson with a picture, and relate it to the lesson, a fun way to keep students engaged. It can also be used as part of a project for them to keep their audience engaged.


TimeGlider would be good to use for my students tracking their own goals, and defining how they may accomplish their year-end goal. I can also use it to show students our class goals, and what we have accomplished during the year.


TadaList was neat for any task one is trying to accomplish. I think students and teachers can use this for school, and at home. If there is anything better to do, it is to write what you need to get finished down on paper, and then check the tasks off as you complete them. The TadaList does this, and it allows one to save their lists online, so you can keep track where you go.


Wordle was the last Web 2.0 Tool I explored. I made one using a quote about math, “Pure mathematics is, in its way, the poetry of logical ideas.” ~Albert Einstein, but it was lost in the Internet when I clicked on something. When I tried to get it back, my attempt was unsuccessful, so I will make a different one again. I thought about printing out worldes to decorate a little of my room with, and allow students to see them and discern what each one says. I also think it would be neat to use for bringing together writing, and math. In a wordle, students can describe what they did to solve the problem, and provide what they wrote to achieve their results. Or I could ask them to write down their goals, and define how they will achieve them with wordle, so only they will know exactly what they said, and they will provide me with a transcript of what they wrote.


These are my findings and brainstorming for each of the above tools. Can you think of anything else to add, or something new for any of them?


Thank you for reading, I do appreciate the feedback.

1 comment:

  1. Wordle is one of my favorites, but it can be tricky to play with. If you don't save the link, you will have a hard time going back to find it. Also, you will want to print it out or take a screen shot of it to keep it in your files off-line. If I were still in the classroom, I'd have my students copy and paste their essays in Wordle so they could see which words they use the most in their writing.

    ReplyDelete